Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Genius Reflects


AN EXCERPT FROM A RECENT MOVIE WEB INTERVIEW:

"Where did your catch phrase 'Get 'R Done' has been used everywhere; where did that come from?

Larry The Cable Guy: That came from radio; I was signing off and I said Get 'R Done. Believe it or not, I was on a really popular radio station in Tampa Bay and I called in and then I called in the next week; I would always sign off with Get 'R Done. And it was just something I made up on the spot and so I would sign off like that all the time. Well, the next thing you know, there's people saying Get 'R Done from hearing it on the radio. From there, I got syndicated and was doing this in about 20 radio stations across the country and it just caught on; I think it's pretty cool. I was actually in New York City this morning doing some press for the movie and I was pre-taping the Regis show, Regis and Kelly and Denzel Washington was in the room next to me. He walked by me and said 'Larry The Cable Guy - Get 'R Done!' I'm like 'What? That's Denzel Washington!' There's a part in the movie when I try to make a reservation under the name Denzel Washington, trying to get a good table; obviously, I don't look like Denzel Washington."


This is a small portion of the insight that you get from this interview. I didn't realize he didn't look like Denzel Washington. Seriously, that has to be hysterical. It just sounds SO funny!

1 comment:

chebo said...

That's who he reminds me of! I was thinking it could have been Malcom-Jamal Warner or Spike Lee, but YES, it's Denzel!